Nuffnang ads

Thursday, October 25, 2012

of shake shack, random chinese food place, momofuku noodle bar and chelsea market









1. I was bent on eating shake shack after reading reviews after reviews raving about the burgers and the shakes. So when we finally got ourselves the legendary burger, it kind of fell short of expectation. Perhaps there was too much hype surrounding it that I kind of expect myself to swoon when i bite into the burger. I expected the flavours to explode in my mouths and unicorns will appear and prance around happily in the background basking in the warm glowy love of the shake shack burger. But none of that happened. In fact i found the burger a bit too salty for my liking. The size of the burger was just nice, not too big and not too small.  But value for money? I don't think so. 

2&3. Chinese food at Chinatown.  We just walked into a random shop and it was surprisingly good. The beef tendon was tender and soup base was delicious. We also ordered guo tie which was big and juicy. Unlike those that have tons of flour and pathetic fillings. DEATH TO LOUSY DUMPLINGS.

4. Ramen at Momofuku noodle bar. One of the worse ramen i have ever eaten. I cannot understand why are ppl queuing at the door before it even opens.  It is just salty and un-delicious. I think I had waaaay better ramen in the most random Japanese ramen place in tokyo. NEVER COMING BACK TO U AGAIN.

5,6,7&8. Lunch at Chelsea Market. I devoured 3/4 of the lobster on my own. YUMS. I dont think i can ever go vegeterian because of seafood. i will die if i can't eat sashimi or grilled squid or lobster for the rest of my life.

*************************

Went to SGH a couple of days back.  Why in the world was the hospital constructed on a hill? Anyway, the smell of hospital is disturbingly familiar. When the smell of over-sanitised floor hit me, a lot of sad memories flashed by. And oh my is the ICU real familiar. At least 3 of my family members have been in ICU. And the days spent camping at the hospital. 

Anyway, i hope my dearest friend will stay strong because that is the only thing one can do. We are not God, we can't perform miracle healings.  The next best thing we can do is to stay strong, for ourselves and for the family. It is not easy but I know she will pull through because we are made of stronger stuff than that.

**************************************

I desperately need to go on my holiday because i can't think of anything else to fill the emptiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment