Nuffnang ads

Thursday, January 31, 2013

discipline

a month has passed. so far it was okay. there were busy periods and lull periods. i still have photos  which are due to be up here by not done... like the US photos and my mini projects photos. i plan to lug my camera around for cny to snap pictures of my adorable nieces and nephews. i feel that i dont see them enough. just once a year the extended family gathers and they change everytime. so maybe just this year, lets capture some of that love in photos.

i plan to have a more disciplined lifestyle as well:-
- to run 3 times a week
- to hit the gym once a week
- read more on my kindle: i was way done with divergent and insurgent and is waiting for the third book to be out. Started on Prince of Thorns which turned out to be a complete bore. Decided to read the First Confessor instead which is SO GOOD. As usual Terry Goodkind never disappoints #fangirlforever
 - to practice my calligraphy
- have more mini photo projects (anyone wants to volunteer to be my model???)

as for work wise, it is sad to see more people leaving. I am just glad that my close gang of girlies or not going anywhere. or rather not going anyway yet. i am sure everyone in life would at one point throw their pens down and go i am going to quit and walk right out of here. everyone has their bad days at work, including me. i am kind of torn between wanting to venture out to try or to stay on and move the ranks. Hai. I am guessing we will be seeing more movements after the july promotion / bonus. lets hope the good ones dont leave!

Was feeling abit down abt work recently. going to work feels like trudging to war.  just feeling so sick of looking at numbers and having to reply to ridiculous queries or face nasty clients. but then just the other day, i was reading something my SM wrote (i have previously passed her my draft to review) and there and then i suddenly felt that urge coming back. i can't explain it but it made me want to stay on and write and write and write till i am that good. in that instant, all my sian-ness just vanished and I just want to stay on and keep learning. that there is still so much to learn. not just the technicalities of tax but how to convey them to the client and in the correct tone which we want to sound when they are reading our letter. Perhaps i am not ready to go anywhr yet. i just feel that at my current state i probably wont blow any interviewers away.

anyway TGIF!

No comments:

Post a Comment