Nuffnang ads

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

bookworm

After much deliberation, I finally ordered a Kindle which arrived a few days ago. As much as i love the smell and the feel of flipping the pages of a real book, the pain of lugging around a thick book everywhere I go finally won out, and hence the Kindle.

Went home, went into a frenzy of compiling my mini book list, ready to conquer 2013 by reading a ton of books and cutting down on TV time which is extremely difficult for me as I am a TV junkie (which i blame it on my childhood where how my grandparents entertain me was to plonk me down in front of the tv).

The list:-

1. A Game of Thrones - George R.R. Martin (I have to finish the entire series.)
2. Prince of Thorns - Mark Lawrence (Decided to read it after scouring Goodreads for recommendations)
3. The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams
4. Battle Royale - Takami Koushun (I think i will have nightmares if i watch the movie)
5. Divergent - Veronica Roth (i think this is young adult fiction = my guilty pleasure. and yes i read Hunger Games TWICE)
6. 1Q84 - Haruki Murakami (I bought the book but it was so bloody heavy to lug around. 3/4 through but i decided i am going to reread from the beginning)
7. Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Murakami
8. The First Confessor - Terry Goodkind (CANNOT WAIT TO START ON THIS!!!!)
9. Lord of the Flies - William Golding
10. Tuesdays with Morrie - Mitch Albom (I can't remember if I have read this book. Or was it "Have a Little Faith" which I have not read..... Nvm I will get the other one as well.)
11. Where We Belong - Emily Griffin (90% done with this. How I know? Cuz Kindle tracks the % of completion. I am trying to figure out if i could change it to pages instead)
12. A Compilation of Erotic Fairy Tales - Jean Johnson (Kind of finished one short story but I can't get what the author is trying to convey. Feels like reading a short story Fifty Shades of Grey style? I am kind of resistant to reading Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy (and ABSOLUTELY REFUSE to read Twilight) and that resistance have increased significantly when the colleague who is reading it now claims that it is bloody draggy. And I kind of read a summary of it online and it seems kind of... lame? I almost wanted to buy the Sleeping Beauty trilogy by Anne Rice which is kind of similar to Fifty Shades with all the SM all that stuff and since she seems like an established writer maybe she could handle this whole SM theme better? But when I read it on wiki, it seems kind of trashy as well! But now with the Kindle, it is definitely a lot more economical... so maybe i might read a few chapters on it...)

I am also tempted to dl Stephen King's 11.22.63. Previously I borrowed Carrie to read and it got really boring so I gave up. 11.22.63 had great reviews on Goodreads, hopefully it will be good!

I am targeting to read about 40 books next year which equates to approx 9 days per book. Which sounds crazily ambitious unless I dedicate 3-4 hours a day reading. That actually sounds doable if I read on the bus to and fro which is an hour, and then I read during lunch time which is another hour and then 2 hours at home after work. And weekends I can dedicate maybe 6 hours to reading. Leaving nothing to social life, not that I have much of a social life anyway. #foreveralone.

Back to reading! have to complete this book by tmr.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment