Nuffnang ads

Friday, December 28, 2012

nyc photo diary

The problem with random editing nyc pics and posting them over several posts is that I can't remember what pics have been posted and I am too lazy to check back on my back posts. If there is repetition i guess we can treat it as reliving the pics again?












After the horrible fever which plagued me over chinese new year which had me swollen and utterly miserable (with some brief respite while I was engrossed playing mahjong. a case of mind over body? or simply a gamble-holic?), I have sworn to never overestimate my body. I seldom fall sick and had forgotten what it feels like to completely crash and crash I did. Huddled under thick covers with socks and a thick pullover, I still felt chilled to the bones. An experience I did not wish to repeat. When last night similar symptoms started surfacing, I immediately went to the doctor. Was suspected of dengue because there were 10 victims fallen to the bite of a harmless looking mosquito in my area. I was to return if I had persistent fever which thankfully had subsided once I took the meds and had an insane amount of sleep.  Still feeling a little nauseated but at least the pounding headache is more or less gone.  As much as I was grateful for the aunt who sent me to a clinic, I swear I was ready to commit murder with her relentless small talk and questions like "why do you not need MC? why waste the leave on monday? oh your company declared off on monday? so it is considered as holiday and not part of your leave?" while my head pounded incessantly. It seems that my incomprehensible grunts does not deter her from bombarding me with questions after questions.

As for the reading progress, I have completed Emily Griffin "where we belong" and is half way through "Kafka on the Shore". "Where we belong" was an easy read and pretty meh in my opinion.  As for "Kafka on the Shore", so far so good, I am looking forward to see how the plots surrounding the 2 main characters come together and they are interlinked. *spoiler* I kind of skipped the part detailing how Johnnie Walker massacred the cats and ate their hearts. I dislike reading any form of animal abuse and avoid reading them, fiction or not.

Looking forward to the bkk trip and hopefully more awesome pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment