Nuffnang ads

Thursday, June 20, 2013

La Sagrada Familia






There was an insanely long line when we arrived.  Trekking across town (ard 40 mins in total) from our hostel, with me pointing excitedly to the structure from a distance, we arrived and were told not to join the queue as it was getting too long and advised to book the tickets online. We attempted to log onto the net at the Macs nearby but it was insanely crappy.  We ditched Mac and headed to a Starbucks nearby (NO GREENTEA LATTES WOE IS ME) and booked online tickets so that we can skip the insanely long queue.  And then we realised that we had to print out the documents and there was no internet cafes to be seen. I told to the gf to bare her boobs (mine was close to non existent) if necessary to get ourselves in because no way in hell I am going to be denied entry. I know I know, i am such a great friend.

Luckily for us, no boobs baring was necessary. Via the amazing device called iphone, we showed our virtual tickets and tadah! we are in.  Btw, audioguide is a must to understand the significance of some of the carvings around the structure and inside the La Sagrada Familia.  The view from the top was of course breath-taking and then you will take a winding staircase all the way down. FYL if you were stuck behind am overenthusiastic photographer who wants to take pictures every 3 steps down.  We were behind a family who had a really cute daughter.

I wonder when will it ever complete construction.

*********************************

I am adding David Sedaris to my favourite authors list. HE IS SO FUNNY I CANT EVEN. I have finished reading 3 books and I have lost count of the times where I wanted to laugh out loud on the bus while reading his books. Gosh I wish I could speak old english and drive my colleagues absolutely nuts.


No comments:

Post a Comment