Nuffnang ads

Thursday, April 21, 2011

the deliciousness continues // We need to talk about Kevin



cheesecakes can only be summed up in one word - YUMMEH. I can totally down one huge slice on my own although i know they are evil deliciousness condense into an innocent creamy looking harmless babies.  

The only version of cheesecake that I am not fond of is the Japanese version aka the light and fluffy ones. Who the heck wants to eat a light cheesecake!?!?!?  I say LOAD THE CREAM (and carlories)/ CREAM CHEESE / other fattening stuff that makes the cheesecake DENSE and DELICIOUS. Hail to fattydom!
 
chokolato keki
Waffles and isu-kurimu
The waffles are crispy on the outside and soft on the outside, just the way i love it. I think this rivals Gelare's version, which is one of my fav waffles ever. But why so expensive! *shake fist* Anyway, the thing that i don't like is the sauce. I HATE FRUITY SAUCE. Why can't they just drizzle chocolate sauce!?!
OFTD!  Dress From KL, Malaysia |   Bag  Mulberry Oversized Alexa leather bag |  
           Shoes Ferragamo  |  Accessories Flower clip from H&M
Group shot!

I think it is another Asian thing (besides the beloved peace sign) to take photos in the toilet. One group of girls gg out = group shot in toilet. I have witnessed maybe 5 million pictures of toilet single/group shots on blogs, FB, etc.

I have recently completed another book by Lionel Shriver titled We need to talk about Kevin. Can I once again proclaim my utmost adoration for her. She is one of the best writers EVER. Seriously. I was blown away. She is so good. Like go-and-buy-her-books-and-read-NOW-RIGHT-NOW-XIANZAI-IMA (japanese for now) good. This book, omg, I totally didn't see the ending coming and just when i was feeling a little bit sorry for Kevin (i was outraged by what he had done to his own sister and yes I srsly believed that he did it!) and then wham! the ending came and I was like okay, you POS. I felt like the air was sucked right out of me, that was how blown away I was. 

I still remember how I felt really down after reading her last book "Double fault". When i completed the book, I felt this sense of heaviness, I can't really explain it but that was how affected I was by her writing and I can't shake off that sense of sadness for the protagonist.

And if course how "Perfectly good family" made me smile.

I really wish I could write like her which i know i can't no matter how much i practice. I can only hope that she will keep writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment