Nuffnang ads

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

mini haul.x.OFTD






Isn''t the colours absolutely gorgeous (ignore fatty thighs and focus on gorgeous colour. FOCUS!)! The whole colour block thing is driving me crazy! In the end i gave in to temptation and got the poofy pink skirt from Zara (1st pic). Great material very comfy and damn it it is PINK. As much as I have been gravitating towards more neutral tones like grey, black, white, the little girl in me will always squeal in delight when i came across pink stuff. I almost got the white long sleeved top with the blue strip in the centre (and the green shorts as well and well basically everything damn thing in the Zara store) but i must practise restrain! *pats myself on the back*

and now the major FML moment.

In the previous post, there is this great looking blue and grey dress in the Zara new collection. Fab cut, fab colour combi, fab model.  When i saw it in the store, I was so excited to try it on and imagining myself looking just as fabulous as well. Which goes to show i am srsly deluded because....


Not so fab model

Holy crap i look like a potato sack with too much potatoes inside! :(  It would have looked fabulous on someone who is waaaay taller (n skinnier) than me.

And then off to Miss Selfridge (btw, Mango's new collection is CRAP. I feel extremely cheated by the fashion bloggers who helped to advertise Mango's new collection. Hrrrmppphh). And of course MORE photos of myself because i am such a shameless camwhore to fully utilise my new camera which is so expensive (heart pain) and I am not sponsored (double heart pain)! *evil eye at Fiona*.



hello pretty top and my pretty Mulberry bag (in oak)
Love the slightly oversized top! It is going to be a great Friday top when we can sort of dress down and wear more casual stuff. Actually I am casual from Monday to Friday so I may end up wearing it on other days too. Srsly I am so damn casual to the point where when i put on a formal skirt (with just a normal spag top), ppl actually take notice and be like "Wah are you going for a meeting or something?". No one bats an eyelid when i turn up in something casual because they are so used to it. -_-|||

Oh and another FML moment in the office today. The department secretary sent out an updated directory of our department (because we are having ppl leaving, changing departments and new ppl coming in). So I was scrolling through the list of ppl and then I saw this name which was completely unfamiliar to me. I stood up and called out to my senior sitting diagonally in front of me.

Me: PX! Our department just hired another new senior?

PX: *Confused look*

Me: *Sudden enlightenment* Oh the new senior is her! *points to the new senior sitting in front of PX*

PX: Eh she is like here for 2 weeks already and you don't know her name!

Me dies fr embarrassment.

I am not sure if the new person did hear our conversation but I am sorry because I seem to be having a pretty bad memory nowadays! Throw in being anti-social, can't blame me for not remembering her name right! (Actually I don't even know what is her name, well until today that is. Haven spoke to her yet. I vaguely remember being introduced to her but her name totally didn't register!) But it is okay since she is only here for 2 weeks. I have some associates that are here for like 8 months and i haven even spoke a single word to them yet. -_-|||

And today's spinning class was boooorrrriiinngggg. I was so looking forward to it because it was my fav instructor (he is so cute!!) and he only has ONE pathetic evening class at PW so can you imagine my crushing disappointment when I saw another spinning instructor instead. Why oh why must you take leave among all days!! Take Wednesday, take Friday, take every day but Tuesday! 

At least Terry Goodkind's (not so) new book, Laws of Nine is faaantastic. Plus a new book coming out which is a continuance of the Sword of Truth series! WOOOHOO! *throws confetti in the air and jiggly dance*

1 comment: